Sunday, January 13, 2008

I just saw Paula Dean making out with a butter sculpture of herself.

This evening I was going through some old pictures from my childhood, and I was struck with the realization that there is an actual PERSON separate from myself growing within me. Someone who will be here in just a few short months, and I'm so anxious to meet him. I wonder so much what he'll look like. We both have blue eyes (though Patrick's take on a rather greenish tint at times) and both of us had red hair as a child.



Me at a little shy of two years old, and a picture of Patrick and his father at about the same age.

We spent part of yesterday assembling the glider and ottoman for the nursery as well as the bassinet. I lost a bolt to the bassinet, so I'll have to get a replacement before we can finish it out. We also hit up Old Navy for their super gigantic clearance, and cleaned up on baby boy clothes for next winter. The kid already has so many clothes it's unreal - and that's just from us.

I'm so ready to meet him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww, precious! it makes my heart go squish to think of you, pregnant and waiting so eagerly. yay for old navy clearance sales!