Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Reassured

Went to the doctor this morning after cramping on and off most of the night. The doctor said my cervix is closed and that everything looks good inside. My bleeding had stopped but he said he was glad I came in, so he could make sure I was o.k.

So my HCG results are:

Day 33: 224
Day 35: 557
Day 40: 6,222.

This was a huge deal as I'd misheard him on the phone and thought he said my HCG for day 40 was 1,222. Slight difference there. Instead of doubling every 96 hours or so as I thought, it's actually doubling faster than every 1.5 days. He said to up my prometrium to 300 mg. a day (100 mg. 3 times a day) and that I could go to work, but that otherwise he wanted me to stay off my feet for the next few days. Lay down and be lazy? Sure. I can do that.

So now, Jack & Ennis (my kittens) and I are curled up on the couch eating Thai delivery.

I feel so much better.

3 comments:

I_Sell_Books said...

Excellent news!! This makes you...6w? I highly recommend taking it easy over the next few days, for mental relaxation, if not physical.

PiquantMolly said...

Whew!

Kitties make the best footwarmers.

Nico said...

That's great :-) Glad everything is still looking as it should. I am hoping and hoping and hoping that it continues to do so!