Monday, August 25, 2008

Keeping my fingers crossed

My younger sister, Daphnne is pregnant with a baby boy, to be named Lincoln. She's due in a few weeks. This was a picture of her taken last month when I was in Dallas.



Her blood pressure is skyrocketing and she's spilling protein in her urine. She's going to be induced tomorrow at midnight. I'm not sure why the doctors are waiting, but I suppose there's a reason why I went to law school and not medical school.

All I know right now is that I wish I wasn't half a country away, and that I could be there for her more than just in spirit.

Please keep her and the baby in your thoughts.

1 comment:

Shinny said...

I hope that everything turns out ok for your sister and her baby. How scarey to have to go through that for her and for you to be so far away when she probably could use a hand to hold. Keep me posted on how everything turns out.